Mar 6, 2011

Whole-Wheat Pasta Salad

This is a simple summer salad which takes less than five minutes to put together. And the five minutes include the  time of cooking the pasta. I like to chill the salad and have it for lunch.


I hate preparing elaborate meals when it is only me being the person who eats. This is a to-go meal for me, when I have to prepare lunch only for myself.  I make these type of salads when hubby has lunch at office and I need to make a quick lunch for myself.

I used cute little cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese from Trader Joes. Ordinary tomatoes can be chopped and substituted in this salad. Also mozzarella can be replaced by other cheese like paneer, cheddar, feta, goat cheese etc.

Ingredients
Any type of whole grain pasta - 1/2 cup ( I used Fusilli)
Cherry tomatoes
Mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil and mint

For the dressing
Balsamic vinegar - 1 spoon
Lemon juice - 1 spoon
Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the instructions in the packet. Drain the pasta and allow it to cool.

Whisk together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.

Chop the basil and mint leaves finely.

Combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese and the dressing together. Drizzle the dressing an toss.

Serve chilled.

Check out the bloggers doing the Blogging Marathon, along with me..
30 Minutes Meals:Priya Mahadavan, Pavani,
Seven Days of Salad: lla
For Ongoing 7 Events: Priya Suresh, Suma Gandlur,Harini,
Kids Friendly: Vatsala, Jay,Kamalika
Seven Days of Rice: Veena,PriyaVaasu,Padma Rekha

Sending this to Spring Giveaway event

29 comments:

  1. Wow that looks very inviting Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pasta sald looks very vibrant and lovely....

    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad looks too tempting and delicious. Loved the Pics.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. the salad looks so healthy and tasty and you made with my fav pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great one.. I too love comfort food like this when I am the only one to eat.. and a major trader joe's fan too.. yummy pasta.. nice clicks,
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful and so inviting Salad divya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful salad... love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely with cherry tomatoes..nice color n pics

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful and refreshing. Love pasta! Love the way you have pictured them! Fantastic! Makes me crave for this salad now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing click, looks beautiful and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. மிகவும் அருமையாக எளிதில் செய்ய கூடிய சாலட்...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a nice looking pasta salad, Divya -Thumb up "like" :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy yummy and tempting :) nice clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Health colourful salad....Pasta is ma favourite too..have bookmarked this

    ReplyDelete
  15. Divya, that plate/bowl looks super tempting, love the colors and whole wheat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks very tempting and healthy too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the contrast of colors in the salad. very inviting!

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...