Jun 25, 2008

Watermelon - Yoghurt Icecream

This is a perfect relish to have on a day with a scorching sun..I had a huge watermelon and wanted to make something with it....Who does'nt like Icecream??And that too on a hot summer day!!So I made this combining yoghurt which gives a smooth texture to this icecream..

Ingredients

Water - 1/4 cup

Sugar - 1/4 cup

Watermelon(cut into small pieces) - 4 cups

Yoghurt - 1 cup

Lime juice - 1 spoon

Directions

In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over high heat..When it gets dissolved well remove from heat and allow it to cool.Puree the watermelon in a blender until smooth..

            

In a large bowl, combine the watermelon,sugar syrup,lime juice and yoghurt and whisk well until everything gets combined..Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into another large bowl..Discard the pulp..

Pour the extracted juices into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions..However, I did not have an icecream maker..So I transferred the mixture into a plate and freezed it..Freeze it overnight or atleast 5 to 6 hours..

Remove from freezer to defrost slightly, 5 minutes..Break it into small chunks and process again in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy..

Serve immediately..

Sending this off to Siri's Frozen Yoghurt Event..Siri also gives reasons why yoghurt should be a pat of our regular diet..Check them out!

Am also sending this off to WYF:Juices and Icecreams , Paajaka's Sweet Series:Cool Desserts and Summer Splash and WBB-Summer Feasts

34 comments:

  1. what a fabulous entry divya....so quick and easy....ice creams are always welcome whether its summer or not:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scream, You scream, We all scream for Divya's Icecream!!

    Thanks for such a lovely entry ..:)

    Hugs,
    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color and i feel the breeze u can get while tasting ...Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is original! Never thought of ice cream with yogurt! Good entry:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to taste it. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthy, sweet and delicious. What more could you want on a hot summer day? Yummy, Divya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice idea to make ice cream with watermelon. Looks so good and easy Divya! I love the bowl too! Great entry. Thanks for your wishes for me dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. delicious..almost like gelato and the colour is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a lovely recipe...gr8 entry for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome entry Divya, ice cream looks divine, awesome. Lovely color too, I am gonna make this tomorrow. WOW great entry!!!!Thanxxxxxxx for sharing :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so fresh and delicious :) And easy to boot! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An interesting combo - watermelon and yogurt....I like the colour

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow youghurt and watermelon icecream..nice..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have everything except space in my freezer... but I have to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats nice divya nice entry for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!!! DV, Yogurt IC! I make Watermelon IC but adding yogurt is new. Wonderful dessert sweetie, good one!:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow Divya what a great idea with watermelon.I have bookmarked it.I am sure it must be tasting great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh divya! what an original recipe! kudos to u on ur creativity!! it sounds perfect for any day! i will have it anytime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's an interesting combo Divya. I would have never thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super recipe for summer! Summer is never complete with Watermelon... Looks yummy, Divya.. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting... cool treat for hot summers

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sure looks so cooling. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great idea watermelon ice cream. i hope that ur ice cream is so delicious then photo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi dear, wow! what a recipe! am sure going to try it ......i wish i cud eat some rit now from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, thanks a LOT for this recipe!
    I have a watermelon sitting at our place,I am in Atlanta, where the temperature has hit triple digits... you get the picture :) I HAVE to try this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. divya nice creative idea of making watermelon icecream....its perfect during summers...looks tasty and iccy icy cool...yummmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  27. this looks mouthwatering and colorful..Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Divya for this delicious entry to the event

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been looking for a watermelon ice cream recipe, and this is one that finally sounds delicious - and it's healthier than most! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. HI Divya,
    Never heard of watermelon ice cream with yogurt!!!
    very creative :-)
    I was browsing on watermelon as I posted a photo of watermelon juice, and I got this recipe.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is one of the simplest icecream recipes I have come across till date. Cannot wait for the summer to arrive so I can grab a watermelon and make this awesome looking delicious (I believe) icecream. Will let yu know about the outcome once I make it.

    Congratulations on ur blog turning three!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yogurt ice creams are so nice and delicious. I have always loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...