Jul 29, 2009

Cooking for Kids:Evening Snacks

Cooking For Kids is a monthly event started by Sharmi of Neivedyam. I was given the opportunity to host this months edition of CFK. I have chosen the theme Healthy Evening Snacks for the month. Active kids have fast metabolisms and healthy snacks between meals must be a part of the regular diet. Evening snacks can give kids more energy to go out and engage in outdoor games rather than slave themselves in front of the television.
So whip up some healthy snack ideas suitable for kids!
Those who are interested in hosting future editions of CFK, please email to cookingforkidsevent@gmail.com with details.
Coming onto the rules for the event:
*Prepare kid-friendly evening snack recipes and post it on your blog anytime from now until August 30th.
*Send an email to divyablogs[AT]gmail[DOT]com with the fllowing details:
*Subject: CFK-Evening snacks
Your name
Recipe name
URL of the post
A picture of the dish(any size):File name of picture should be recipe name
*Please link back to this page and Sharmi's site. Feel free to use the logo.
*Any number of entries are welcome, please repost and link back to old entries.
*Non-bloggers can email your entries along with a picture.
You have 10 more days left to send your entries for Show Me Your Sandwich!
I have been busy with my midterm exams for the past few days. Will be posting the roundup of Show me Your Breakfast next week along with the announcement of a small giveaway!!

You can view the ROUNDUP - here!

26 comments:

  1. Hey Divya!
    You from AC tech?
    I'm so excited. I am also from AC tech - Textile 2004 batch.
    How abt u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice theme you've chosen Div..I am sure lots of kids and mommies would be waiting for the round-up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm yummy event..! Will send some entries..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice event..will definitely send something..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am eager for the round up and I think i have a perfect entry too!Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great theme Divya. I'm looking for healthy snacks for my son. Looking forward to the round up already. Happy hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will try to make something healthy and send for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice event divya! Will send something for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Event Divya..happy hosting !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice event and theme! Happy hosting :) Will send in something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have a recipe in mind for the evening snack event divya ...nice theme ...looking fwd for the round ups

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice theme. I might be sending in an entry or two.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divya check this link http://www.samayalblog.com/index.php/category/sweets/jam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Divya, Sorry I am too late, but you can surely understand my issues!! All the best for hosting.
    One small request, pls can you put this in bold "Those who are interested in hosting future editions of CFK, please email to cookingforkidsevent@gmail.com with details"

    Because I could hardly see it.
    Will meet you in the roundup!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many children tend to eat frequently through the day as their bodies require. One should not force children to eat more and more like adults do. A child under the age of four or five might eat six to seven times a day. One can give fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain crackers, cheese cubes, peanut butter-cheese sandwiches into daily snacks. Try to avoid pre-packaged snacks because its unhealthy. One can go for milk-based drinks because it rich in proteins, calcium, iron, also fruit juice will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey nice event.. will surely try to send something ! And hey you have got a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi divya,

    I just sent you my recipe..hope u got it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Divya,

    Wonderfull event! I just sent in a recipe. Hope I am just in time. I am new to food blogging and just stumbled upon your site. Guess this is a nice opportunity for me to join you all fellow bloggers here in this event.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Divya
    I don't know how I missed this event!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry I didn't come across this sooner. This is right up my alley. Anything still going on?

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...