Sep 15, 2008

Methi Theplas

Theplas are Gujrathi flat bread which tastes best with just yoghurt and pickle.The methi leaves add a zing and freshness to the theplas.I took this recipe from Sia's Monsoon spice.It takes very less time to prepare.Here goes the recipe.

Ingredients

Whole wheat flour/atta - 2 cups
Gram flour/Besan - 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Methi leaves - 1/2 cup packed
Cumin/Jeear powder - 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder - 1 teaspon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Warm water for kneading

Directions

Remove the methi leaves from the stem and wash them thoroughly..Chop them finely.

Mix in all the ingredients along with the required amount of warm water and knead together to form a dough.Cover and keep it aside for about half an hour.Knead the dough again and make lime sized balls.Dust the surface with flour and roll each ball into a circle with the help of a rolling pin..

Heat a griddle and cook the thepla on both sides for about 2 minutes till brown spots start appearing..Top with a spoon of ghee if you like.

Serve hot with yoghurt and pickle..

Sending this off to Tried and Tasted featuring Monsoon Spice this month

To Herb Mania: Fenugreek hosted by Red Chillies

And to WBB Grains in my Breakfast hosted this month by Aparna brainchild of Nandita.

33 comments:

  1. my fav teplas...my mom used to make it...its just wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methi theplas looks delicious :) Sia has some great collections of parothas 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this long before..thanks for reminded me Divya..looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not made theplas at all but that looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my favorite thepla, ye har friday ko banta hai ghar pe. Yummoo entry, and very tempting pic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this gujarathi friend who still sends me batches of theplas and the yummy pickle...this looks delcious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious theplas Div..had them long back at a friends place..Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good. I love these with a bowl of thick curd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the theplas..yours looks so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never evern had thelpas, should try them once

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful theplas! its looking so nice! come and join in the chicken event going in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you to have got methi...am searching since a week, its nt available in markets now due to rains...delicious looking theplas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous theplas divya:)I too love them with curd and pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look very healthy. Nicely cooked up

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks divya for inroducing me to this gujarathi dish...

    ReplyDelete
  16. thnks divya. i love meethi theplas. my in laws have it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. theplas looks wonderful .. another methi recipe .. gonna try this one ..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Use to get these for my lunch box during schooling ;)...Love these theplas..gud entry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Theplas looks delicious, although I've never had it. Saw that you are hosting an event. Count me in. Check out my event as well for Savory Pies: http://kopiaste.org/2008/08/food-event-savory-pies/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Methi parathas..love them with aalo gravy. Your have come out well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, these look very nice and wholesome. Haven't had them, gonna try this soon.

    I have a little gift for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never tried teplas.... looks yummy and healthy:) will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thants my fav one too divya. thanks for trying it:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so delicious Divya! Wonderful pics.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have tasted theplas but haven't done it by myself.. looks nice and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'v always wantd to try theplas but never did.....now u have inspired me to make some

    ReplyDelete
  27. Havent heard about it,but it looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Gujrathi food (who doesn't?) and these are very nice. I make mine slightly different, though.
    Thanks for participating in WBB. I just realised I've been missing a few mails and didn't get yours either. Could you please resend your mail with the WBB details? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Indeed a very interesting blog. Read a pleasure. Cognitive information that is very good.

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...