Dec 15, 2011

Maple Glazed Walnuts / Candied Walnuts



I always like to try different ingredients in my salads. I like to have one sweet ingredient, be it raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries or chopped dried prunes. I also add different variety of nuts like walnuts, almonds, pecans and pine nuts to increase the protein content. I came across candied walnuts in a restaurant and I decided to make it at home. The glazed walnuts also make a great snack!

This can be made in a matter of minutes and can also be stored for future use. The walnuts are tossed in maple syrup on the stovetop to make delicious sweet walnuts. The same recipe can be followed with pecans or any nuts for that matter. You can also add in spice powders but this time I kept it simple.

Ingredients
(Recipe Source: Food Network)
Walnuts - 2 cups
Maple Syrup - 1/3 cup
A pinch of salt


Instructions

  1. In a non-stick skillet, add the walnuts and toast them for a minute until the raw smell goes away.
  2. Slowly add in the maple syrup and salt and with the help of a wooden spoon keep stirring, so that the maple syrup coats all the nuts.
  3. In a matter of two minutes, the maple syrup would be bubbling and would have coated all the nuts.
  4. Switch off the stove and allow it to cool completely.
  5. Store it in an airtight container and add to your favorite salads or munch on as a healthy snack!

And watch my Youtube video featuring the recipe!



9 comments:

  1. This is good, I like it.
    Some people unnecessarily pay twice the price for buying this stuff than making it home themselves.
    Only if people knew it was really this simple...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super crunchy maple glazed walnuts looks quite addictive..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video is nice - I thought I am gonna see u gal :)
    That is a wonderful glazed nuts and good gift for Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect dear..crunchy munchy walnuts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like walnuts and if candied, they are even more delicious. Good job with the video Divs. Can you make it a bigger?

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mapled glazed makes everything tastes sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a super snack! Sweet, crunchy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time here..loved your space!!!
    A very healthy quick and crunchy snack..superb!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...