Feb 13, 2008

Bell Pepper Curry (Kudai milagaai kuzhambu)

I was indeed astonished to find bell peppers in various colours when I came here to US..
They are really appealing...So I bought one bell pepper from each colour and decided to make a curry out of it..Here is how I made it..

                           

Ingredients

Bell peppers - 3 small sized (colours of your choice)
Onion - 1 medium sized
Tomato - 1 medium sized
Cumin/Jeera seeds - 1 tspn
Urad dhall - 1 tspn
Mustard seeds - 1 tspn
Turmeric powder,chilli powder,curry powder,coriander powder - 1 tspn each
Tamarind paste - 1 tbspn
Oil
Salt to taste

Directions

Dice the onions and bell peppers into small pieces..

                         

Take oil in a saucepan and splutter the mustard,urad dhall and cumin seeds..Then saute the onions for a minute and add the tomatoes..Once they cook add the turmeric powder,chilli powder,curry powder,coriander powder and mix well..After a minute add the tamarind paste and salt..Add water according to the consistency required..
Serve with hot rice..

                         

This entry goes to Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Lia of Swirling Notions...
Also sending this JFI-VOW: Bell Peppers hosted by Pooja

9 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a jambalaya I make with three different colors of bell peppers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bright colored bell peppers. This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope to see more entries from you Dhivya. this one sound good :) . Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I tried your recipe for Bell Pepper Curry. The only thing you did not mention in the recipe is when to add the peppers. So, I added them after I added the tomatoes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this receipe, it came out good but did not look anything like it does on the photo that you have put up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I am Shylah Shankar from Kansas.....tried your recipe (Bell Pepper Curry (Kudai milagaai kuzhambu))today........it cmae out well....thanks for the same. Post more recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...