Feb 19, 2008

Ravai Paniyaaram

Being a lover of sweets, this is my all-time favourite snack..It is usually prepared during special occasions..It does not take much time to prepare as well..My chithi is very good in preparing this and she prepares this each time I used to go home for vacation..Got this recipe from her..

                          

Ingredients

Ravai/Semolina/Cracked wheat - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
All purpose flour/maida - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Cardamom - 1 teaspoon
Oil for deep frying

Directions

Mix all the ingredients together and leave aside for 10 to 15 minutes..The amount of semolina, sugar,maida and water should be equal to get the desired panniyaarams..If you add more quantity of sugar or water there is a tendency not to get paniyaarams of proper shape.After 10 minutes with the help of a large spoon pour a little batter into hot oil..Wait for one paniyaaram to raise to the surface of the oil and then pour the next one..Or else they might stick together..Cook on each side for about three minutes or until they turn golden brown..Do not keep the flame too high as the inside part might not get cooked properly..
Serves as a good snack..

Sending this to Think Spice:Think cardamom hosted by Easycrafts..

                           

6 comments:

  1. This is a must try...thanks for sharing and sending it to the event

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister used to make this often. I love this. I never cooked myself. So I am going to try it. Thanks.

    Ramya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time at your blog. I like the name of your blog - I have watched the movie MANY times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this too. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.
    Radha

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this wonerful paniyaram...have a look at my blog and share your comments...

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...