Aug 28, 2008

Lemony Little Hearts Biscuits

Little Hearts biscuit was my favorite..I saw this recipe in a cookbook I borrowed from my local library..These biscuits are flaky and crispy,sweety as well as salty..The biscuits I made were not very similar to the little heart biscuits yet they tasted too good..This recipe is a keeper and I will be making this again..It is too simple and takes a matter of minutes to make these when you have puff pastry in hand.The photos were taken in a hurry so they are not too good..So bear with me.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

Puff pastry - 2 sheets

Sugar - 3 tablespoons

Salt - 1/4 teaspoon

Cinnamon powder - 2 teaspoons

Lemon zest - 2 teaspoons

Directions

Thaw the puf pastry according to the manufacturers directions..

Mix the sugar,cinnamon powder and lemn zest together in a bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the puff pastry..With the help of a rolling pin press the mixture onto the pastry and roll it out a little..

Now start from the longer end of the pastry,roll it towards the centre until you reach the middle.Do the same from the other side..Now cut the pastry perpendicularly into small strips of about 1/2 inch thick..Rol it again in the sugar mixture.

Place them in baking sheets and bake for about 7 to 9 minutes until they start turning brown.Take care not to burn them because they burn too quickly..

Store them in airtight containers(if at all anything is leftover!)

Am sending this to AFAM: Lemon and also to Sunday Snacks:Bake it

   

24 comments:

  1. Sounds good the filling, i love the tangy flavor! Great entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too made one time. But lemon gives a nice flavor to the biscuits.Delicious Divya !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice romantic heart shape snack!!!
    Thanks for the recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting snack, Divya. I only wish I could find these Puff pastry sheets in my local supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they looks so cute,beautiful..dhivya had made similar palmiers couple of months ago..am not sure whether this is the same recipe..but I wanted to make them ever since..sounds easy and have got pastry sheets,,,so will surely try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Divs...those little hearts look so cute!!!Those were my favorite too..you have given a pretty good description..wish I could lay my hand upon puff pastry,in India!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. picture is just perfect, don't worry about it! cute little hearts Divya! Must have tasted great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those hearts and the tangy filling. Wish I could get hold of the puff pastry in my place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had made these with cinnamon sugar and they tasted lovely! The citus touch is really asking me to give a try1

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice.these cookies remind me of the britania little hearts, that we use to get in india. nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so chweet...thanks for the entry

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look sooooo sweet and cute....Must have tasted great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv them girl! one more in my to do list!

    girl u have a surprise in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting recipe .. loved the lemony flavor

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! I don know wht to say more than WOW. Gr8. btw, can u send me ur mail id?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great snack, and so simple to make.

    Lemony little hearts biscuits look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've made these too (long back) but w/o the lemon and cinnamon and they did taste like littlehearts. Delicious and so easy... great for parties too. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have also made these Divya, during my initial days of baking after watching an episode in food TV. Ina Garten prepared it with powdered almonds and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love lemon and I love cookies :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Something special for u here http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/08/carrot-tofu-sevai.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Biscuits are looking cool divya. Thanks for such a great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks cute and should have a nice tangy taste to it..

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love little hearts too :)) Biscuits looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...