Aug 21, 2009

Bread Pizza

I love making my own pizzas at home with several fun toppings. I try to make it more healthy my reducing the fat content and using whole wheat flour. I also experiment with various kinds of healthy toppings. I have also made tortilla pizza which is fun and easy to make as a simple starter or snack. This time I tried making the pizza with a bread as base. I used a whole wheat bread as a base. I also used a store bought pizza sauce. All I had to do was chop a handful of veggies, and assemble the ingredients. It is a matter of minutes and makes a great healthy snack.


It is a great way to sneak in veggies in a kids diet making it more appealing. There is no particular way to make this bread pizza / breadizza. But here is my version. you can experiment with your own favorite veggies.

Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)

Whole wheat bread - 2 slices
Veggies - 1/2 cup (combination of mushrooms, bell peppers, jalapenos, onions)
Pizza sauce / Marinara sauce - 3 tablespoons
Cheese - a handful. I used mozzarella
Butter - 1 teaspoon (optional)

Directions


Toast the bread with a little butter. Spread the pizza sauce on one side. and top with the chopped vegetables. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

For the finishing part. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Alternatively, you could microwave the bread for two minutes. Or you can heat the tawa till medium heat, place the bread pizza and cover with a lid until the cheese melts.

Serve warm!

Topping suggestions : Pineapple, olives, jalapenos, broccoli, tomatoes, capsicum etc.

Isnt it that simple!

Sending this to Cooking for Kids:Healthy Snacks being hosted in my blog and also to Sunday Snacks:Snack with bread hosted by Priya and started by Pallavi
And Sending this to Cook for Yourself event
Food For 7 stages of life:Kids initially started by Radhika .
Food for 7 stages of life hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.

41 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmm looks yummy divya.. all time fav for kids and he he even for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy and will surely tempt the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! very innovative recipe ..Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try this, but never knew it was this simple! Cool Recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pizza looks yummy!!
    I love olives and Jalopenos in my toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes..simple yet so hearty Divya..love the cheese on top.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pizza Dhivya...quick and easy evening snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very goood idea to get kids to eat veggies... i love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very healthy pizza and the best part is it is very easy!Great snack for kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have tried the mw version..lovely picture..looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  11. your pizza looks delicious!!
    You can grab printable coupons for Bellacinos Pizza and grinders at www.clickmycoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Idea there Divya..Happy Weekend..!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely template & my fav bread pizza. Looks yummy :) There is something waiting for u in my blog. Plz collect it dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Looks tempting! My kids' favourite dish! Plz collect the awards from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, my mom use to make these when I was a kid! She made them on bread or buns and we kids loved them :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that looks so yummy and is so simple to make..

    ReplyDelete
  17. i make this for my kiddo sometimes, easy and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Namaste....
    I too enjoy making my own pizzas they are faily easy and the sky is the limit as to what you put on it. Sometimes i also make pocket pizzas for lunch as they are easy to carry to work and I don't have to worry about the toppings falling off.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is for sure going to be a hit among kids.., looks soo tempting

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative divya. An award is waiting for you in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. very creative Divya.An award is waiting for you in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. the photos are amazing! :) i make this all the time, only i like using bread thats a little more rustic. haven't ever toasted the bread with butter though! interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Divya,

    Happy Ganesh chaturthi to you...and your family.
    Pizza looks yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Divya, Its a really nice blog that you have. :)
    The Bread pizza looks delicious. I prepare it using Tomato Ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bread Pizza looks delicious...Have tagged u...check my blog dear..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love making pizza out of anything, bread, bagels, dough

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...