Aug 10, 2009

Egg Cheese English Muffin Sandwich

I have always been a fan of Dunkin Donuts not only for their coffee but also for their breakfasts and pastries. Though we do not have Dunkin Donuts here in California, I usually never miss visiting one when we travel out of state. This egg cheese english muffin sandwich is one of my favorites. It makes a filling breakfast with a glass of orange juice or some hot coffee.

I like to make this sandwich with a toasted english muffin, but it also tastes great with any type of bread or buns. This is one of my entries to Show Me Your Sandwich event.

Ingredients (Makes one sandwich)

English Muffins - 1

Egg - 1

Cheddar Cheese - 1 slice

Butter - 1/2 teaspoon

Toast the english muffin in a toaster or on a hot tava. You can add a litte butter while toasting if you wish.

Meanwhile, in a frying pan, add about half a teaspoon of oil/ butter. Or you can spray some cooking spray. When hot enough crack the eggs into the frying pan. Cook until fully cooked flipping it half way through.

Transfer the egg to the toasted english muffin and top with cheese slices imediately. so that they melt in the egg's heat. Cover the other half of the muffin.

Isn'it it simple!

My other entries to Show Me Your Sandwich event.

Vegetable Club Sandwich

Lavash-Falafel Wrap

Bottlegourd wraps

Am sending the following entries to WYF:Breakfast hosted by EC this month.

Pesarattu

Quick breakfast Smoothie

Venpongal

Sending this to Food for 7 stages of life hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.

33 comments:

  1. I love Dunkin Donuts too. Not a donut or sweets fan though. Love toasted English muffins with fried egg. Add cheese and more yumminess! Nice one, Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple breakfast recipe divya...all u need is some muffins/buns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy ones Divs..I havent tried dunkin donuts but have tried the McD ones..love the combo of egg n cheese..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple, but mighty satisfying. I wish I had one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muffins look really nice!I missed your event this time..I made a sandwich but was so hungry we ended up eating with out a picture:((..I am eagerly waiting for your next Show me event and next time I wont miss..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple sandwich... just ideal for a breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Divya, for accommodating!I will send it then..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb recipe for breakfast
    dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an easy and simple way of making sandwich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom use to make these like the McDonald's breakfast sandwiches, she called them "Mom McMuffins" :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love Dunkin Donuts egg sandwich. The combo of egg n cheese is irresistible! The sandwich looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just enjoyed as a midnight snack. I couldn't stop thinking about these as soon as I saw your post. Walked to the grocery store to pick up English muffins and then fried up a few eggs and sliced some fine quality cheddar. Pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is my fav tooo...thanks for posting the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummmy breskfast dear!Try participating in my FIL-Milk event dear!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. simple yummy breakfast dear...nice picture

    ReplyDelete
  16. Divya,muffins are so cute to grab..great breakfast !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats simple and delicious sandwich/muffin :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i feel ive netered Mcdonalds :)
    remembers all the times when we were out on drives and early morning bkft was at Mcdy

    excellent for u to share them, now they can be made home :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. such delciious muffins! Lovely clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so delicious and tempting Divya!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute little event Divya.. So sad that my camera got corrupted. Coz, I had made a sandwich with some German bread and stuffings. Anyways will chip in to the next event ;)
    Meanwhile, add your lovely event pictures or a blogpost of this event to our cooking and baking fetish community so that other members knew how it went!
    http://cookingandbakingfetish.ning.com/
    Thanks,
    DiDo

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow nice breakfast idea yummmy looks great wil try this soon book marked.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandwich looks lovely. Ok no problem send it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi divya...
    Wow.. you have creatively maintained your space.
    I would love to follow your blog from now on.
    Guess you are from AC tech Guindy?
    I have completed my engineering from MIT Chennai, 2004 Batch.
    Nice to stay connected over here!
    Do visit my blog when time permits...
    Cheers
    Sandhya(http://www.sandhyas-kitchen.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  25. They looked so pretty! I love the idea of it and also it really looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...