The global recipe chosen for this month is Burritos/Wraps. Here is your chance to make an Indian version of Burritos!
According to Wikipedia:
A burrito or taco de harina, is a type of Mexican food. It consists of a flour tortilla wrapped or folded around a filling. The flour tortilla is usually lightly grilled or steamed, to soften it and make it more pliable. In Mexico, refried beans, Mexican rice, or meat are usually the only fillings and the tortilla is smaller in size. In the United States, however, fillings generally include a combination of ingredients such as Mexican rice, beans, lettuce, salsa, meat, avocado, cheese, and sour cream, and the size varies, with some burritos considerably larger than their Mexican counterparts.The word burrito literally means "little donkey" in Spanish, coming from burro, which means "donkey". The name burrito possibly derives from the appearance of a rolled up wheat tortilla, which vaguely resembles the ear of its namesake animal, or from bedrolls and packs that donkeys carried.
There are a several variation of burritos - wet burritos, dry burritos, bean and cheese burritos, meat filled burritos, breakfast burritos etc.
Put on your thinking hat and come out with your Indianized version of burritos.
Here are a few burrito recipes of mine:
Homemade Bean Burritos
Burrito recipes from around the web:
Bean and Cheese Burrito
You can make burritos the Indianized way by using chapathis to wrap up the ingredients or use an Indianized version of the filling. There are umpteen number of variations.You can even send me non-vegetarian entries. Happy Cooking!!
Here are the guidelines for the event:
- Use your imagination and creativity to prepare the above recipe using ingredients familiar with Indian Cuisine. Post your entries on your blog during the event duration.
- If you already have appropriate entry archived, send it along linking back to this announcement page. There is no limit to the number of entries.
- Provide a link back to this announcement page and also to Cilantro's page and feel free to use the logo.
- Email your entry to divyablogs[AT]gmail[COM] with the following details:
- Name, Recipe Name, Recipe URL, Picture Attached
- * Photograph of final dish.
- The deadline for this event is May7th, 2010.
- If you don’t have a blog but wish to participate in this send your entries with a picture, your name and recipe to the above email address the deadline.