Jul 6, 2008

Chicken Chalna

This is the first non-veg recipe in my blog..I have just started venturing into non-veg cooking..I got this recipe from Kamala Akka..I recently discovered that she is a distant relation of mine..And I like her recipes a lot..Especially her nonveg ones..They make me drool..She makes perfect parottas like a pro..I made this chicken chalna and had it with parotta..They were too too good..This recipe is a keeper..Here goes the recipe..

Ingredients

Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder - 2 teaspoons
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon

To grind

Coconut - 3/4 cup

Cashews- 7 to 8

Directions

In a pressure cooker,heat some oil and add the onions..Saute till they turn translucent..Add the ginger-garlic paste and the tomatoes and cook them for few minutes..Add the chicken pieces and keep stirring until the water evaporates.

Add the turmeric powder,chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and salt.Also add a cup of water and close the lid of the cooker and cook on medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes.Switch off the stove..Once all the pressure from the cooker is released, add the coconut cashew paste and keep in sim for 10 miniutes until the oil seperates to the sides..

Serve hot..

15 comments:

  1. Love the addition of coconut-cashew paste to the chicken curry. Sounds delicious, Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks mouthwatering with parotha Div. Congrats on venturing Non-veg, u gonna love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that too from her, it's yummy!:))
    She is your relative? Cool! Nice to find out,isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dare not show this recipe to my husband or he will have me straight back in the kitchen to cook it for him! This looks SOOOOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on starting your non-veg projects, divya :) Chicken Chalna looks divine! Great combination for parottas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice u ventured into non veg too.., me too a veg, so never ever did any non veg ones...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks totally awesome. lovely entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great with rich cashew and coconut combo.The gravy must be tasting awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divya that is perfect..Thanks for trying my recipe..Congrats on ur first non veg post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Parota and chicken salna... ssssssslurp..looks great..
    Love it... Glad to know that u are kamala's distant relative.. I have bookmarked her veechu parota too.she has a lovely collection of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that parotha with spicy chicken gravy...wud love to have some...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://mdsailaja.blogspot.com/April 3, 2009 at 9:40:00 PM PDT

    Hi,U r chicken chalna sounds great.You have not mentioned quantity of chicken in your ingredient list?Pl. let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,

    I tried this recipe and it turned out great :)
    It reminds me of the parotta stands here and there in TN. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your above recipe had been plagiarized along with photograph take a look at it

    http://sangeethasenthil.blogspot.com/2010/03/chicken-chalna.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Anonymous, Thanks for letting me know. I have contacted that website's owner.

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...