Apr 1, 2009

Aloo Tikkis / Potato Cutlets

Aloo tikkis is one of the famous chaat food in India. They make an easy snack with tea. You can add in any veggies if you like to make a vegetable cutlet. I made these tikkis with potatoes and peas. They can be served with ketchup or as a chaat along with channa.

Ingredients
Potatoes - 3 large
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Finely chopped ginger - 1 tablespoon
Green chilli - 1 finely chopped
Cilantro / Coriander leaves - a little
Bread crumbs - 5 to 6 tablespoons
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking
Directions
Boil the potatoes and peel them. Mash them well. Add all the above ingredients and mix well.
Make small balls with the potato mixture by clasping within your palm. Flatten it a bit by pressing slightly.
Heat a non-stick pan and drizzle some oil. Cook the alo tikkis on medium flame. Once they turn golden brown flip them over and cook on the other side. Drizzle more oil if needed and cook till it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with ketchup or channa!

I always have some boiled potatoes in the refridgerator. I made these with the potatoes in a matter of 15 minutes! Is'nt that easy?
What else do you have in the refridgerator partially cooked so that it gets easier for when you are on the run and in a hurry to cook?
Am sending these to CFK:Potatoes hosted by Deepa and originated at Neivedyam
Recipes for the Rest of Us - Starters hosted at Tongueticklers and started by Ramki
Sunday Snacks-Chaat hosted by Pallavi

31 comments:

  1. aloo tikki looks great and tempting divya....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with channa..Mouthwatering dish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Div, as Ec said I love with channa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm love aloo tikkis. and i love them just plain without chutneys and sauces and chole to hide the taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tikkis too esp. in winters! Yours looks good. I make this sometimes with soup for an early dinner. Thanks for sending this to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloo tikkis look great Divya...Thank you for the lovely entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favourite chaat..i make it so often, but is over before I can take pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good divya...Like it with ketchup...Nice chat divya...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious Aloo tikki.. my choice is also with channa..

    ReplyDelete
  10. a simple recipe but looks so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow lip smacking Aloo cutlets....:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are my absolute fave. looks awesome divya

    ReplyDelete
  13. My all time fav :) allo tikki with tamarind chutney yummm.. Your tikki look soo tempting divya.. I want some now..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely snack...I love them with Cilantro chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love aloo thikies, it is long ago i have made them andseeing this i really ant to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely things that disappear in a minute.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's true.. these are easy to put together and make for a yummy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple, but tasty for sure. An excellent way to use up extra mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks good, Divya! Love it in tikki chaat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmm simple n tasty recipe..pics r also tempting

    ReplyDelete
  21. aloo tikki is a great appetizer! me too, I always have some boiled potatoes in my fridge.. quite handy, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these with a little bit of ketchup on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple! yet yummy.. bookmarking for my hungry-back-school kids'evening snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks so good Divya! Nice tikkis.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never made these before and would like to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow.. these look so tempting.. Perfect for the Sunday Snacks - chaats event I am hosting.. if you are interested in participating..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Divya, I have three kids who I adopted from India. We are always trying new Indian recipes. I tried these but got an "okay" result. They do not look the same, and in order to cook them I had to use a lot of oil. I don't want to use too much oil, so please tell me how I can fix this. Some of them fell apart. My kids LOVED them although.

    Thanks,
    Jyotsna

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...