Jan 16, 2008

Sweet Pongal

En Iniya Pongal Nalvaazhthukkal!!

Being our Thalai Pongal I missed being at home..I would like to start my blog by sharing with u the recipe of the sweet pongal i made..Of course it is the Pressure Cooker pongal.
But no one can ever beat the taste of the pongal my grandma prepares..

                                          

Here comes the recipe..

Rice                                   -1 cup
Moong Dhall                     -1/2 cup
Milk                                   -1 cup
Jaggery/Brown Sugar    -1 cup
Cashew Nuts,Raisins and Almonds
Ghee                                  -1/2 cup

Directions:

Cook the rice along with the Moong Dhall in a pressure cooker using 4 cups water and 1 cup milk.In a saucepan add the ghee and roast the cashews,almonds and raisins until they turn golden brown and the aroma starts coming..Once the rice and the dhall gets cooked add the jaggery and stir well..finally add the roasted nuts and ghee..Stir well..
Delicious sweet pongal is ready.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Divya,
    was just goin thru ur blog ... n observed: we both started bloggin arnd the same tim :) ...
    n both tamilians now in US ... n guess wot, this yr was my thalai pongal as well - tho i posted its recipe slightly later .... quite som coincidence haan ....
    Good goin with ur blog ... nice work, have added you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried pongal....I should try your recipe...BTW I see u are in LA, I am in OC..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..intresting and nice one :)..first time here..accidently cam across your blog and i couldnt resist reading the entire menu :) foolowing u dear :)
    Do drop by http://neetzkitchen.blogspot.com/ when you get time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky me!!!Came across ur blog today and found the giveaway blog :) . I was searching for the recipe for Sweet Pongal and found this fantabulous looking one!!!! Am gonna try this on our first wedding anniversary (approaching fast...Feb 1st) and will win my husband's heart again :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...