May 19, 2008

Vegetable Puffs and Awards

Whenever I think about these vegetable puffs, I turn nostalgic and think of the days my dad used to get hot hot puffs from the bakery and we would be waiting for it..They were mostly got from the bakery and not prepared at home..But now that we get the puff pastries here it is an easy process to prepare these wonderful puffs filled with our favorite veggies..They serve as a perfect evening snack and we enjoyed it with tea..They serve as a perfect appetizer in any party..This is my entry for Recipe Marathon Day 2.But this is a very late entry I know, but my net connection was off yesterday so am posting this today..But felt it is better late than never..

                          

Ingredients ( For 2 puffs)

Puff pastry (thawed) - 1
Potato - 1 small sized
Carrot - 1
Green peas - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/4 chopped
Garlic - 1 pod
Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1/2  teaspoon
Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 teaspoon

The ingredients are only for 2 puffs..Multiply it according to your requirements.

Directions

Boil the vegetables with enough water and salt until they turn soft and mushy.
In a pan heat the oil,add cumin,onions,garlic and saute for a while.Add the vegetables and saute until the water evaporates.Add the chilli powder,garam masala and required salt.
Allow the contents to cool completely.
Meanwhile allow the puff pastry to thaw according to the package instructions.
Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
Place the puff pastry over a slightly floured counter and thin it out a little with the help of a rolling pin.Cut the pastry into the size required for a puff and place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture and close the puff pastry from one end to the other and seal with the help of little water.
Apply some oil over the top of the pastry..This gives a nice golden colour to the puffs.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Enjoy with any ketchup and tea..

                          

Sending this to Monthly Mingle - Appetizers and Hors'Doeuvres hosted this month by Mansi desai and started by Meeta

                                         

Recipe Marathon Day 2 Menu

Siri - Kosambri
Lakshmi - Coconut Dosa
Srivalli - Home made Sambhar Powder
Raaga - Chickpea Sundal
Dhivya - Peas Pulao
Swati - Bread Upma
Bhags - Coffee Cake
Arundati - Pierogies


I am really elated to receive the following award from my dear blogger friends Uma..Thanks a lot Uma

                                              
                     “Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people;
                 good blog friends and those who inspire good   feelings and inspiration.
                     Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”


Thanks to Uma,Swati, Kamala,Madhavi for showering me with the following award..Am really overwhelmed and you made me feel so special.

                                               

I would like to pass on this award to each and everyone who has spent time reading my blog and dropping your valuable comments..All your encouragement has helped me increase my passion for cooking and blogging..You all make my Day!!

21 comments:

  1. congrats on ur awards divya!!!u very well deserved it..the veg puffs are delcious..great as starters on parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Divya, the vegetable puffs look yumm and I sure remember my school days where I used to have these in a nearby bakery for 3 Rs..:D Never late than ever..Can we expect the Day 3 ka entry also today.. so that we all are on the same page..

    I linked both ur posts to mine, I think u missed out mine for Day 2..:)

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Congratulations on ur award too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, something happened to my comment. It just disappeared. Any way, I will post the comment again.

    Congrats on the well deserved award, Divya! Enjoy with those gorgeous veggie puffs. They look so crisp and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cogratulations on ur award, u deserve it :))

    Puffs looks crisp and divine :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your well deserved award Dear! Yes, pretty much everyday i use to eat egg puff :( love ur puff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. another favorite! looks good, and congrats on the award girl! thanks for participating in MM:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!... This is my fav recipe. Urs have turned out perfect. Congrats on the award....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey divs... U deserve it buddy... Congrats on ur awards... I was missing from the blog sphere from a week now and Iam glad I was greeted back to the blogsphere by ur amazing curry puff... I tried them to and they r amazing.... Love it.... yummm...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your awards,,lovely vege...puffs..

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on ur award....i luv puffs and thanks for sharing ur recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely lovely..my all time fav..pity we dont' get those sheets here..actually thought once to make from sheets too!..heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey ,congratulations dear!!Very good puffs.looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey diyva same snack (vegge puff)last weekend i made but yet to post in my blog. Looks good nice pic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Looking Puffs..Congrats on your well deserved award, Divya.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on those Awards! Puffs look gr8

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey congrats on the award Divya! Lovely puffs, thinking of making these in my new oven:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...