Mar 3, 2008

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin

This is the first time I tried my Hand in making muffins..I always enjoyed the cup cakes back in India and wanted to try them at home..They turned out really good..To the banana muffins I added a few chocolate chips I had recently got from trader Joes..I like to munch the chocolate chips as a snack too..They are really tempting..Here is how I made the muffins..

                  

Ingredients


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl...
In another bowl, combine all the liquid ingredients..the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla..
Stir the liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened...
Fold in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full...

                  

Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean...
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks...

                  

You can add your own choice of dried fruits and chopped nuts like badam,cashews,raisins apricots etc..

                  

This is my entry to Snack Shots #2 Muffins..
Sending this to AWED American hosted by Dhivya

13 comments:

  1. Just came here from Banana bread and now Banana muffins. YUMMY! I love Banana with chocolate chips, great combo!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolote chip & Banana cute Yum!little cups perfect snack size :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it's like you read my mind! I have been craving to bake some choco banana muffins myself! :D This motivates me now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco..Do try themm..they were really easy to prepare..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...you just can't go wrong with banana and chocolate muffins, can you? Thanks for participating in SnackShots and don't forget to check out the roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For eggless recipe, soy flour can be used as an egg replacer.

    -Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thought i was the only one that made the banana with chocolate chip combination! :) lol. i've stuck with banana bread alone though, but the muffins look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy banana muffins Divya.........gorgeous!I will try them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. why yoghurt is used in muffin.? do we need to rest mixture for a while for fermentation? pls wud you mind to expalin. please. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..பார்க்கும் பொழுதே அப்டியே எடுத்து சாப்பிடனும் போல் இருக்கு..வொண்டர்புள் ..நேரம் கிடைக்கும் பொழுது என் ப்லாகிர்க்கும் வாங்க திவ்யா..


    அன்புடன்,

    அம்மு.

    ReplyDelete
  11. என் வாழ்த்துக்கள்.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love chocolate chips...nice combo..that looks so tempting...yum looking muffins...love muffins any time...my fav...bumped in here for the first time...nice blog..

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...