Mar 19, 2008

Aama vadai / Split chickpea fritters

This is a snack which I always enjoy with tea..I learnt this recipe from my grandma..In olden days people prepare this using ural..Nowadays it is prepared quickly using the mixie/blender..It contains channa dhall and hence rich in proteins too..Here is how I prepared this fritter..

           

Ingredients

Channa dhall/ split chickpea - 1 cup
Small sized onion - 1 finely chopped
Green chillies - 5 finely chopped
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Coriander leaves
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon stick - 1/ inch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying

Directions

Soak the channa dhall in water for at least three hours..Drain the water well and sperate 2 tablespoons of channa dhall and grind the remaining dhall coarsely in a mixie along with the cumin seeds and cinnamon..
To this mixture add the finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and the seperated 2 tablespoons of channa dhall and mix well..Also add salt to taste..
Now take a spoon of this batter in your palm and press them slightly so that they form discs of about 2 inches in diameter..Deep fry them in oil on both sides until they turn golden brown..
Drain them in paper towels and serve them hot..

This is my entry for Waiter, there's something in my pulses hosted by Jeanne..

18 comments:

  1. Aama vadai , my granny prepares too :) We used to be scared by hearing the name "aama " Good one, i love it and remember my golden days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hubbys favourite.I often make this.Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow divya,looks crispy ra....long time back I prepared it,will try this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks crispy divya:)))hubby's favorite..yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried adding pattai in masala vadai!! Will try out next time when i make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Looks delicious.
    Hey, I am tagging you for 8*8*8 MeMe, only if you are interested. Didn't find ur email so writing here. if MeMe is not ur cup of tea, please ignore it. Reading ur comments, I thought u may like it.

    Details -
    http://enjoyindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/03/888-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. vadais looks very crip. Got nice color too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm..so mouth-watering vadas. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so tempting...we make it only during festivals..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this too...easy to make when u have unexpected visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love masala vadai's piping hot from a bajji bandi (cart)!! they look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Vadas... Just came from Premas blog & shes got these great Vadas too....

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love these vada's... yours looks perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  14. hubby loves this , i dont know how they make it , and we used to get it from restaurant here. I am so glad to see this recipe here. I bookmarked it . thanks a lot for this divya :) . Wouldn't you like to vote for Vow brinjal awards ??? will wait to see your vote there, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so delicious and crispy Divya..

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a yummy-looking snack! I've never made chickpea fritters, but this recipe looks pretty straighforward. Thanks for sharing - and thanks for takign part in WTSIM this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ye its my favrt tooo...... yummy and crispy yar...

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...