Mar 13, 2008

Gobi Manchurian

I prepared this along with Fried rice for lunch..Gobi Manchurian is my favourite and I always order this in restaurants..I decided to make it at home and it turned out really well..Here is how I prepared it..

         

Ingredients

Cauliflower - one medium sized flower cut into florets
Onion - 1 small sized
Bell Pepper(red/green) - 1/2 cup
Maida / All purpose flour - 3 tablespoons
Cornflour - 3 tablespoons
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Tomato sauce - 3 tablespoons
Soyasauce - 1 teaspoon
Chilli sauce - 1 teaspoon
Soda - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Curry leaves - 1 small sprig
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste

Directions


Wash the cauliflower florets thoroughly in warm salty water in order to remove all germs present and drain them..
Mix the corn flour and maida together and make a thick batter adding 1 tablespoon water..Then add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste,half teaspoon red chilli powder,soda and salt...
Now coat the cauliflower florets with this batter and deep fry them in oil..The oil should not be too hot otherwise the cauliflower will not cook properly on the inside...
Drain the fried florets in paper towels..

In another vessel, take some oil and add the onions and fry till they turn translucent..Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and bell pepper and saute for a few seconds..Then add the red chilli powder,salt and curry leaves..
Add the soy sauce,chilli sauce and tomato sauce..be careful while adding the sauces..
If added in excess it might spoil the taste of the manchurian..
Mix 1 tablespoon of corn flour in about half a cup of water or depending on the consistency required and add it to the cooked mixture..
Finally add the deep fried florets and stir once..
Garnish with chopped spring onions and cilantro and serve hot..
Goes well with fried rice and naans..

This is my entry for WHB hosted by Katie..

Also sending this to AWED: Chinese by Dhivya

18 comments:

  1. good one divya...looks colorful and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manchurian looks good, i prepare it slightly different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! this is your lunch? Fried rice and Gobi manchurian? I am inviting myself to oyur place for lunch. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely combo for a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg...it looks so tempting and although i made these just a few days back, ur snaps are asking me to make more

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY! I have never made this at home, got to try once!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love gobi manchurian- definitely one of my top favorites. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lovely picture! Looks soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the perfect thing to make for a crowd isn't it? a total crowd pleaser! looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this manchurian makes me remember the bangalore restaurant ones...they used to call it gobi manjooori and amazingly tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks awesome! I never tried b4,but love to have in restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Gobi Manchurian..my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank u ppl for ur lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks and sounds lovely. Interesting way to prepare cauliflower...which I love.
    But for lunch? Wow! I AM impressed... I have yogurt and an apple...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds very tasty! I'm a big cauliflower fan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried ur manchurian and it came out good too! thanq for ur recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...