Apr 16, 2008

Granola breakfast bars..

These granola bars are a quick breakfast in busy mornings..No cooking and hurry burry work needed in the kitchen..I was inspired to prepare this on seeing the healthy odwalla bars..It can be prepared and packed earlier..They are simple,satisfying..It also gives the energy needed in the morning as it contains nutritious ingredients like oats,honey,almonds etc..It can be prepared with your favorite ingredients on hand.this is my version..It took me very less time to prepare this and it tasted wonderful..I could nt resist myself from eating this..I prepared this in the afternoon and I finished three bars by that evening itself..Couldnt wait till the morning..



Ingredients

Oats - 2 cups (I used the old fashioned type)
Slivered almonds - 1 cup
Honey - 1/2 cup
Brown sugar/jaggery - 1/4 cup
Butter - 2 spoons
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Dried fruits (your favorites) I used raisins and cranberries
Some other options - Flax seeds, Sunflower seeds,Wheat germ,oat bran etc..

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 F..
Combine together the oats, almonds and other optional ingredients added..
Grease a baking sheet and spread this mixture and bake for 6 to 7 minutes..Mix once in between while baking..
In the meantime, heat a vessel and add the butter,brown sugar,honey and vanilla extract together..Bring it to a boil and switch it off..The sugar should have dissolved well..
Now fold in the oats-almond mixture and the dried fruits..Mix thoroughly with a spatula till everything has combined together..
Transfer this mixture to a greased baking dish and press down and level the mixture with the back of a spatula..



Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes..Cool completely..
Cut down into bars of required sizes..Cut only after it has cooled well..I got 5 long bars for the amount of ingredients mentioned above..
Store in airtight containers or wrap them in foils..

Just one granola bar and a cup of milk would be a filling breakfast..

Sending this to AWED American hosted by Dhivya
Sending these muffins to Whole Grain (Eggless) Baking Event - Oats
EFM:Oats

18 comments:

  1. They look easy and healthy bars on the GO. Nice one to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granola bars look lovely. Good choice for an easy and healthy breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats an easy and healthy breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enakku idhu venum. Good one Divya. There are so many easy and good recipes like this one I'm bookmarking from other blogs, I'm thinking of dedicating the weekends to try other bloggers' recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks easy and healthy one dhivya.going to try this soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, that a healthy breakfast. Nice recipe divya! The bars look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Divya, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It traced me back to your lovely blog! I like it and I subscribed to you already. BTW, nice looking granola bars:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking ones. My daughter loves them. Will def try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sucha healthy and delicous granola bars..lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granola bars looks great, nice recipe..thanxx for sharin'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi..I made them without using brown sugar and vanilla extract. Result was awesome! Will have to try more. I even replace plain butter to peanut butter. My kiddo loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Divya- What a nice healthy bars u have posted.Indeed a very healthy and quick breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divya dear, I made these lovely healthy bars today,They are awesome and I loved it.Since we are travelling for three weeks, so I thought it is good idea to pack some bars.
    Thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these bars look so good in the pic..n so healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just tried these Divya, came out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey tried it now./.. tastes good.. I tasted it before it can cool !!
    do put up more of these simple baking stuff

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...