Apr 26, 2008

An Award and two Meme's

I was really excited to see my second award from Divya when I opened my inbox today..Thanks a lot Divya..You made me feel very special..This award has been started by Roopa of My Kitchen treats who says :

 "Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos"

                                         

As per the rules I have to list my favourite yummy-licious desserts that I have prepared or eaten and pass the award to four of my fellow bloggers..
Here are my most favorite desserts

Baklava
Aval Payasam
Kaju Katli
Black Forest Cake
Rasgullas

I had to pass this award to four yummy blogs..Selecting four blogs from numerous yummy blogs was a bit tough job..

Asha, Ashwini, Madhavi, Kamala
Congrats dear friends!

Rules for the ‘Yummy Blog’ award Receiver:
The person who receives the award should display the "Yummy Blog !" logo on their blog and also the meaning of the award which is "Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos".

The receiver should also quote their favorite yummy-licious :) dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. Don’t restrict yourself to any dessert, chocolate bars also welcome.

 Also the receiver should pass on the award to four other bloggers whose blog they find "yummy" and let them know about the rules.

I have been tagged by Farida for a Meme called Top ten pics..Though am not too good in photography,I have listed my 10 best shots in my blog...It might be helpful for those who have missed seeing them..So here I go..You can just click the pictures to view the recipes..

Sweet Coconut Puffs


         
Baklava



Bell Pepper Curry



Corn Peas Cheese Pulao



Kondakadalai / Garbanzo Bean sundal



Gobi Manchurian



Aval payasam



Palak Tofu



Pear -Walnut cake



Vegetable Biryani



Now I would like to tag the following friends who have wonderful pics in their blogs to list their 10 best shots..

Dhivya, Uma, Cham, Swati Jain, Sukanya
Do it only if u are interested..

Coming to my next Meme's..I was tagged by Uma for the following Meme which was really fun..

1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
The Spiderwick Chronicles

2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING??
Seizure by Michael Crichton 

3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
Scrabble,Chinese Checkers 

4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE?
Readers Digest,Anandha vikatan 

5) FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Petrol, smell of rain,roses,coffee and yummy food! 

6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
Good music 

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Whwn someone whom you trust betrays you 

8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
Nothing specific..about the day ahead 

9) FAVOURITE FASTFOOD PLACE?
Panda express,Pizza Hut,Taco Bell 

10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME?
Havent thought of.. 

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D’
Travel around the world.. 

12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
Never.. 

13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No.. 

14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
Always Scary..

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
We had a maruti.. 

16) FAVOURITE DRINK?
Coffee, Lemonade, Mango juice,Orange juice

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
Blog! 

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yes I would.. 

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
Streaks of brown may be.. 

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Tuticorin, Chennai, Los Angeles 

21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Cricket , Tennis, Basketball

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
A friendly person who makes wonderful chutneys!

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
My Ironing table

24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Of course 

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
Night owl.. 

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Over Easy always

27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX?
Home Sweet Home, Beach 

28) FAVOURITE PIE?
Anything that is sweet..

29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR?
Chocolate and strawberry 

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
No idea..

I would like to tag the following friends..Do this meme only if your interested..

Pearlsofeast,  Swati Raman, Kalai, Anjali, Farida




18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the well deserved award, Divya! Thanks for doing the meme so fast. I loved reading it. The top 10 pictures are so beautiful. so mouth-watering. Thanks for tagging me. I may not do as fast as you, but I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r rocking buddy... so much stuff and so quick... thanks for thinking of me... and i will surely play my part of the meme... but as uma said.. mite take time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, thanks for tagging me. I guess i ve to do it in one shot awards and tag, beautiful shots of food... U know ,me too i love the petrol smell...Nice reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divya, congrats on your award! It is well deserved! You have so many delicious recipes on your blog.

    Your Top 10 pics are great! I printed Vegetable Biryani to try out. Yum!

    Thank you for tagging me. I will try to participate, although some questions intimidate me:))

    Also, thank you for leaving such a cute response to my ice cream contest question. I loved your thoughts on Azerbaijani cuisine. I am so sorry that you answered after I had already announced the winners. Otherwise, you had high changes of winning the ice cream! Maybe next time:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award Divya and also on the lovely pictures you showcased.
    Thanks for thinking about me ...It will surely be a pleasure to complete the tag .. .. Till then Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats !
    what cool recipes.. my promises to try them once she has some free time from me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for the yummyy award divya, u deserved it. I am happy for u:))))Nice meme!!!

    Thanks a ton for passing it on to me. You made my day, that's so sweet and kind of u. Thanxx dear :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on ur award.So sweet of u thinking abt me.I loved reading the meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice surprise for a Sunday morning, thanks DV. I will take it proudly and post in 2 weeks!:))
    List of your dishes look fabulous, will try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Divya , congratulation for the award.U deserve it .

    Hey thanks for tagging me, feel nice!!!!!!!!.I will certainly participate. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely meme ! Lots of similarities !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the award. Both your memes were interesting. Loved the selection of pictures.
    Great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Divya, thanks so much for the award dear!
    PS - I loved reading your meme

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe same here divya.... iam gonna try ur biryani today....:) its so nice to know ur from LA too...:)and once again congrats on ur award...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the award, Divya!! Love those pics and will definitely try to do the meme soon, too. Keep rocking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your award. Loved the top 10 pictures and your MeMe too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hii divyaa..am back ... have posted my meme... but this time i missed your comment :( :) well practically today i can resume by blog patrolling and i see in b/w u have come up with so many things... u r too good..

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...