Jul 2, 2008

Banana Bread

I am so happy today that I have reaches a milestone today in less than 6 months of blogging..Yes! this is my 100th post..THought of celebrating it with this sweet banana bread..This blog is something close to my heart..Entering into the kitchen after marriage knowing nothing about cooking,this blogosphere has made me what I am now..It has helped me develop a passion for cooking..I thank my fellow bloggers for all support and encouragement thry have given me..

Now going to the banana bread..I adopted this recipe from dear Raaga's blog..I like making banana breads as they are fool proof and does not need any kneading,raising stuff..I had some overripe bananas waiting to be used up..Here goes my recipe with a little variation from Raaga's.I reduced the amount of sugar and added some dried cranberries.I also replaced one egg with some milk and oil.I got a fluffy,soft and moist bread..



Ingredients

Bananas -3 or 4
All Purpose flour/maida - 1 cup
Whole wheat flour - 3/4 cup
Egg - 1
Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Dried cranberries - 3 teaspoons
Milk - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees..

Sieve the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt together..
In another vessel, whisk together the egg,brown sugar,milk and oil..Add the liquid ingredients to the dry flour mixture and stir well until all the ingredients combine together..Stir in the dried cranberries..

 

Pour the dough into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until browned..

Allow it to cool before slicing.

And I have decided to take up the NaBloPoMo challenge this month...So you will be seeing my recipes everyday this month..So look forward to my recipes..

Voting for Open Sesame 2 is going on..If you like my apple pie you can vote for me here..

Sending this to AWED American hosted by Dhivya

34 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post, Divya! Bananas and I don't get along, but it sure looks soft and fluffy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! 100th post in 6 month! Kewl! Enjoy.My special post coming in 2 weeks too!:))
    I love quick breads as well, easy and always taste great. Banana bread looks yum, adding egg always gives it that extra moisture and fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Divya on ur 100th post :))) Banana bread looks great. looks soft and moist. Great entry!!!

    Congratulations once again :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Divya! 100 posts in less than 6 months is indeed a great milestone! Banana bread looks awesome and enjoy your special day with this great banana bread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Divya...100 posts within 6 months..and too new to cooking.Great job dear!!!Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on completing 100 posts! and a nice way to celebrate with sweet yummy banana bread!
    Hey Divya I have a suprise for you at http://foodwithapinchoflove.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/giant-bear-hug-award-and-os2-voting/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh century in 6 months, that is really something you achieved Dear. I am still to go for that. You re a very enthusiastic learner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats amazing, divya! congrats on the 100!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome entry! You have something in my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yippeeee.... 100th post... too good..
    when will i learn to post often buddy... bread looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on ur 100th post... banana bread looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your 100th post...the bread looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divya..thats indeed a wonderful thing 100 posts so fast..congrats and expecting more!..:))..that bread looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow ! congratulations on 100th post Divya.
    you keep rocking girl :).
    banana bread looks yummmmm :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 100th Post. Your banana bread looks easy to make and very delicious to eat. Will try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your 100th post. I love banana bread. I am going to try this for sure. Thanks.

    Ramya

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS on your 100th post ...and what a lovely post for this occasion .Lovely bread Divya !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRTAS,..FOR 10OTH POST,..BANANA BREAD LOOKS YUMMY..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't it a great feeling - almost like seeing your baby grow - Do you have one yet?:) Congrats - I too am catching up:) Started in Jan:) The banana bread looks soft and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, looks inviting. congrats on ur 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on completing a 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!! keep the yummy recipes coming...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Divya on ur 100th post and bread looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Divya on reaching a milestone in a short period. Way to go Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 6 months and a century... great going... :-) and you picked a recipe from my blog... am so thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  26. you have a surprise in my blo divya. i love ur blog and ur recipes too

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very tasty cake. I will try this for sure. in US I went to startbucks... there I had banana cake. Just want to eat that everytime. You showed me the way how to do that :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your century. Hopefully the innings continues for a loong time :) The cake looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on ur 100th post divs...banana bread looks yummm..i also made one recently with choco chips on top :)..all the best for nablopomo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loved your banana bread recipe. I tried it. It came out so good. My husband want to share it with his friends at work. So I made 2 batch of the banana bread.It was hit. Thank you again.

    Ramya

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks a lot friends..Glad u all liked my recipe..
    Ramya am too happy that u tried my recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on hitting 100 Divs..wishing you many many more!!!
    Banana bread looks delicious...and oh-so-tempting!!I've seen the bread in Raaga's blog,yours look very similar to that in looks...gotta try it now..;-)donno when I am gonna finish my bookmarked recipes folder!!!:-0

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Divya.. Tried this recipe few weeks back and it came out great. I just replaced the cranberries with walnits. My hubby loved it ! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...