Jul 5, 2008

Egg Puffs

Puffs with any type of filling is my favorite snack with tea..My dad used to get them often from the bakeries..When I knew puff pastries were available here I was really excited to bake them at home..I tried the egg version from Siri..They turned out too good..I made them when we invited our friends home and these puffs were really appreciated..Here goes the recipe..

Ingredients (Makes 4 puffs)

Puff pastry
Onion -1 medium sized
Garlic - 2 cloves finely chopped

Eggs - 2
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon

Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste

Coriander to garnish

Directions

Thaw the puff pastry in the refrigerator as per the manufacturer's instructions..

Meanwhile, prepare the filling..Boil the eggs and peel them.In a saucepan,heat some oil and add cumin seeds..Once they begin to splatter, add the finely chopped onions and garlic and saute till they turn translucent..Then add salt,garam masala,turmeric powder and chilli powder..Mix in chopped coriander leaves..Set aside..

Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
Cut the puff pastry using a knife or cookie cutter into the desired shape..I cut them into a rectangle of about 4 inches long and 2 inches wide.With the help of a rolling pin roll the dough a wee bit..Slice each egg into half and place one half on one end of the dough..Also place a tablespoon of the cooked onion mixture over the egg..Bring the other end of the dough to close the egg..Seal the edges with a fork or wet your fingers in water and seal the edhes..Apply some butter over the dough or an egg wash would give a golden finish..

Bake for about 30 minutes or until they begin to brown..
Serve hot..

Check out for a different shape puff from Siri's blog..

8 comments:

  1. These sound so and look lovely. I love pastries and the filling sounds delicious. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Egg puffs Divya..Comes out perfect!!!Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious, Divya! I used to love this too, back in India! Great snack with tea..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks perfect, long time i didn't made any puffs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds heavenly with that masala, Divya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb sounds fantastic.I love the filling and gonna try it soon.Great one Divya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice recipe....check out my blog for a treat..

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...