Jul 4, 2008

Kothu Parotta

This is a best way to use leftover parottas,chapathi or roti..My dad used to get this kothu parotta from one of the famous restaurants in Tuticorin which is famous for parottas..However I have not tried my hand in making parottas..So I made this using the frozen parottas available here..

Ingredients

Parottas -3 or 4
Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Capsicum/Bell pepper (any color) - 1
Peanuts - 10
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Egg - 1 (optional)
CUmin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup - 2 tablespoons

Directions

Tear the parotta pieces roughly..If you want it to be more fine just pulse once or twice in a blender..Set aside.
In a pan heat some oil and add the cumin seeds.Once they start spluttering add the chopped onions and saute for a while.Then add the tomatoes and cook..Add the bell peppers and cook till they remain crunchy..Add the egg and scramble..However eggs optional.Add the peanuts,chilli,turmeric,coriander powder and garam masala..Stir well..Finally add the parottas..Combine well by stirring..Drizzle the tomato sauce on top and mix again..
Serve hot with raita..Also tastes good by itself..

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, makes a great lunch or dinner!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great - and it's nice to be able to use up those leftovers, rather than letting them go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it a lot, ketchup bring the color i guess :)Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. great looking one divya...you know how much I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made something like this too - kothu parotta with eggs - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice kothu parotta - yummy!
    Hey divya I have something for u at my blog post http://foodwithapinchoflove.wordpress.com/2008/07/04/friendship-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow .. thatz a great use of leftover paranthas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love kothu parota..Divya.Looks yummy .Have a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh give me some of this please it looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious kothu parotta, Divya! Never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love kothu parotta. I see to it i have leftovers to make this. I follow a similar method without eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's My fav too Divya..My hubby says..Tuticorin parotta's are the king of parotta's:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kothu parotas look great Divya...I have one nmaed kothu chapathi in my blog.. Love the parota and salna from tuty..

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my friends loves this! I'll give it a shot and make it for him:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi..
Thanks for dropping by my blog and rendering your valuable comments..Hope you had a nice time reading my recipes..Thanks for your encouragement..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...